Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released a notification to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)2017 for those candidates who want to make their career in teaching field to fulfill their dream of teaching. The candidates who are waiting for CTET 2017 Notification, hereby informed that they can submit their application form through the official website. Candidates are suggested to read out official notification to check their eligibility criteria.The exam is based on National Curriculum Framework. Candidates having graduate degree are eligible to take the test. All B. Ed. graduates need to pass this exam to work as a teacher. A candidate has to score over 60 per cent to clear the eligibility test. The exam is divided into Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Here, candidates can go through following table for the CTET 2017 exam dates as mentioned below:
|CTET 2017 application process||January 2017|
|Correction in application form||Last week of January|
|Date for admit card||February 2017|
|Exam date||February 2017|
|CTET 2017 result||May 2017|
5 Key Highlights for CTET Exam:
CTET 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility for appearing in CTET 2017 is given below.
Minimum qualification for CTET – I Exam
- 12th standard passed with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- 12thstandard or its equivalent with at least 45% marks and also must be passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- 12th or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year B.el.ed.
- Senior Secondary or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Education.
Minimum Qualification for CTET – II Exam
- Candidate must be a Graduate with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education.
- They must have Graduation degree with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.ED).
- 12th standard or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)
CTET 2017 Application form:
The online registration of CTET 2017 February exam will begin tentatively in January. Candidates can fill the CTET 2017 application form in online mode on its official website i.e. www.ctet.nic.in The application in offline mode will not be accepted. Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully to ascertain their eligibility, application procedure before beginning the online registration of CTET 2017. Candidates must know about the application procedure of CTET 2017. The stepwise procedure on How to fill CTET 2017 application formis given below.
- Fill the CTET 2017 application form Part-I to get registration number. After this, candidates are advised to down the registration number. Candidates have to re-login with the generated CTET 2017 registration number to fill the application form.
- Candidates need to upload Scanned copy of recent photograph and signature in the CTET 2017 application form Part-II.
- Make payment of CTET 2017 examination fee through Debit/Credit Card or download e-challan for payment through Syndicate Bank or Canara Bank.
- Take print out of Confirmation page for completing Part-IV and keep it for future reference along with copy of e-challan.
- The candidates are advised not to send the hard copy of the application/confirmation page to CBSE/CTET.
CTET 2017 Exam pattern:
The CTET 2017 exam to be conducted in paper based mode based on the pattern prescribed by the examination authority. The time duration of examination is 2.30 hours. The examination consists of 150 questions. Each question will be of one mark and there is no negative marking in CTET 2017. Candidates can check detail of CTET 2017 exam pattern given below. CTET 2017 to be held in pen and paper based mode. All questions in CTET 2017 will be multiple choice questions having four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
There will be two papers of CTET 2017. CTET 2017 Paper I will be for a person who wants to be a teacher for classes 1 to 5. CTET 2017 Paper II will be for a person who wants to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII. Candidates who wants to be a teacher for both levels Primary & Elementary (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II)
CTET 2017 Admit card:
The admit card of CTET 2017 will be available to download tentatively one month before the scheduled date of examination. Candidates have to enter their exam registration number and password to download CTET admit card 2017. CTET 2017 admit card will have candidate’s detail like their exam roll number, category, photograph, signature, name and address of the allotted exam centre, etc. Candidates are advised to check the entered details in the admit card. In case of any discrepancy, candidate should immediately inform the exam conducting authority.
CTET 2017 Result
The result of CTET 2017 will be declared by CBSE. CTET result 2017 for February session will be declared by May. The result for CTET 2017 September session will be declared by December. The CTET result 2017 will be declared for only those candidates who will score qualifying marks in the test.
The above details would help any aspiring candidate to score a seat in Top Colleges for CTET in India.